Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Everything is bigger in Alaska










Here are some older pictures of a King Salmon I caught a few weeks ago it is a 43 inch fish that weighed close to 50 pounds. The bear behind me is about 25 yds away and I am at ground level with the bear. A few days back I slaughtered sockeye salmon on our beach here on the kenai river with my fly rod. One fish managed to spool me, so I just put on some new floating fly line. 2day is my day off, so I might have to give it a try again later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm always glad when you have a day off because then we hear about your Alaska venture. Keep them coming..Gram

Unknown said...

That moose rack is pretty cool - looks like it has been there awhile. Something I would love to snatch but would feel bad for disturbing it!

Andy said...

that moose pic is awsome!! what camera u use? u figure out my old one?

Mary Ann'gler said...

Bigger in size with outdoor life maybe son...but...your sister Carly topped you big time this week with a HUGE announcement! Congrats! You are going to be an UNK again!!!

BTW...you could pay for your airfare home with that moose rack!