Sunday, October 26, 2008

Reason Why Fall is My Favorite Season!






I arrowed this big buck tonight! Jim and I spotted him and we took different routes to try to stalk him. I went around one way and saw a nice buck and a doe run away from me. I thought it was him but kept working toward where I thought he would be anyway. I spotted a big bodied deer and had to crawl to get close enough and to get to cover. I peaked over and saw the buck lift his head. I saw that he was big! He was at about 40 yards, but I didn't have a good shot. I waited and a doe past him and started running in my direction. He started to follow her as she came within 8 yards of me. I pulled back and he came passed me. I folllowed through and shot him on the move at about 8 yards. We gave him a while and found him within 100 yds of where I shot. He is a very heavy deer and is already rutted up.

5 comments:

Emily said...

You have more luck than anyone, you know that right? Glad you didn't need Quincy to track this one, we are all sick and miserable.

Trasks said...

You have given me the fever ... I can not wait until opener. I usually do not see big bucks like that in my stand - but I would guess you sit still better then me too :) Stacy (Carly's Friend)

Mary Ann'gler said...

Stacy, I swear that son of mine has some sort of odor that deer love to get them to come within 8 yards!!! We will have to find out what it is and market it!

Mike said...

I think I have a little more than luck on my side. In the last 6 years I have shot 4 wallhangers. Three have been with a bow, while only one has been with a gun. Bowhunting is tougher, but the odds of shooting a monster are much greater. I spend more time than most in the woods scouting, hunting,etc. I think this helps put the odds that a big buck may eventually cross paths with me.

Anonymous said...

and hunting in Wisc cant hurt any! nice deer tho!