Sunday, June 21, 2009

Up North for a Day

I went up to Buck Lake on Thursday night leaving work in Stillwater at about 10pm. A few storms and about 1:30 in the morning I was at mom and dad's place. Friday morning I went fishing with dad and caught big sunfish, crappies, bass, and I kept about a 4 pound northern. I caught the panfish on my flyrod. I used a small fly that was black and green. I outfished dad and his live bait with the fly. I used my gloomis ventura 7 reel(My 8 weight st. croix rod is too heavy for panfish, so I put my reel on mom's new flyrod that she won. It was a softer rod that is probably about a 5 or 6 weight rod. It was fun and and it was nice not having to rebait.




Mom and I went to Stingy on Friday night and forced off of the lake for a while while thunderstorms past over us. It happened right after I caught the first walleye. The fish bit ok after the storm and we ended up keeping 7 nice eating walleyes.




I dont know what I would call it, but I caught five species of fish in one day. Maybe it is called a slam? I have done this a few time before, but it has been awhile. Friday was a great day of fishing. It was hard to make the drive back Saturday morning to go to work after the nice weather and fishing from Friday!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Looks good! I was going to make those sunnies for dinner, but Jamie didn't want the house to smell like fish in this heat. Are you going up north next week?